Frankincense is found in different forms naturally and is an ingredient within the Tone and Defence Formula Skin Oil. The essential oil is well known across the globe as having many references in religious texts. It has been heavily traded from Africa and the Middle East for thousands of years.
- Cadinene (Sesquiterpene)
- Phellandrene (Terpenes)
- Oilibanol (Alcohol)
- Alpha Pinene
- Bornyl Acetate
- Linalool, Octyl Acetate
- Incensyl Acetate
Frankincense contains an amazing ingredient known as acetyl-11-keto-beta-boswellic acid (AKBA). Rather astonishing due to its potential to kill cancer cells. Viability of using AKBA for the treatment of certain cancers is being investigated (colon, prostate, ovarian and breast cancers). For more properties of other beneficial micro-nutrients, please see our glossary.
There are many beneficial medical and skin health properties of Frankincense because of its natural constituents.
- A good natural antiseptic and disinfectant.
- Reduces delayed menstruation & delays the advent of menopause. Due to promotion of menstrual flow (emanagogue).
- Cures symptoms associated with Post Menstrual Syndrome (pain in abdominal region, mood swings, nausea, headache & fatigue).
- Cytophylactic (healthy cell production is promoted, consequently keeping existing cells and tissues healthy).
- Contracts muscles, intestines and blood vessels, thereby giving protection from premature loss of teeth and hair.
Skin Health Benefits
- Helps eliminate sun spots due to .
- Micro-wrinkles reduce around eyes and cheeks. Also tones, lifts and tightens skin all over the body.
- Replaces old or dying cells with new, healthy ones.
- Astringent, skin cleanser. Pores constrict and this reduces the appearance of wrinkles, furthermore combating the loss of firmness of tissues associated with age.
- Frankincense improves overall pigmentation levels and evens the tone of the skin.
- A cicatrisant, causes scar production to reduce (marks left after boils, acne, stretchmarks, post pregnancy skin, fat cracks and pox). As a result of Frankincense use, marks on the skin also fade at a much faster rate.
- Vulnerary activity promotes the healing of wounds.
- Also, Coagulant properties (helps to stop bleeding from wounds and cuts).
The Smell Helps Too
Frankincence behaves as an expectorant, which means when inhaled, it promotes the discharge of phlegm or fluids from the respiratory tract.
Since Frankincense Essential Oil is very effective as a natural sedative, when inhaled. This is because it induces feelings of mental peace, relaxation and satisfaction. Furthermore, decreasing anxiety, anger and stress. Promotion of deep breathing and relaxation can open your breathing passages and reduce blood pressure.
Therefore, when applying T&D Skin Oil to your skin you can enhance your mental state at the same time as enjoying the fragrance. As a result of better cellular processes, you get better skin!
If there is anything you want to ask us, please contact us.